Written By: WhatsGood – Episode 12 on Growing Home TV Series
Venison boneless loin ~2 lb
2 lb Sweet potatoes
Fresh rosemary, 4 sprigs
Garlic, 4 cloves peeled and light cracked
Cape gooseberries – (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces. Cook in a pot with 1 inch water, on low temperature for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until soft. Save 1 cup of the water, then strain potatoes and puree with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Peel quince and cut into small pieces. Cook in a pot with cranberries and with little water, on low temperature for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until soft, puree with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil to medium heat. Season venison with salt. Sear the loin all around until light golden brown, then place garlic and rosemary in the pan. Place pan in the preheated oven for around 5 minutes and turn cook another 5 minutes to a medium temperature.
5. Rest the loin at 5 least minutes on a cutting board and deglaze the pan to pour the juice over the meat.
6. Plate & serve.
– Cheff Heliovaldo Araujo